Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information provided by you is not sold to or shared with other parties for any commercial purposes other than normal order fulfilment and confidential site activity or sales tracking.
Notwithstanding the above, OSIM may send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of OSIM to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us);
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
- We find that your actions on our Web Site violate the use of www.OSIM.co.uk
OSIM operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
OSIM uses SSL encryption together with a Secure Server ID. SSL encrypts and protects personal and credit card information that you send us. Information such as your credit card numbers, names, addresses and phone numbers that you send us are safe from unauthorized third parties as it travels over the Internet. The Secure Server ID guarantees that your transactions are taking place on OSIM’s server and not a third-party host.
If you’re using certain older versions of Netscape Communicator or Microsoft Internet Explorer, you may encounter a root certificate expiry notice when attempting to access a secure page. Netscape Communicator version 4.05 or earlier, Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 for Macintosh, and Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.5 for Macintosh include a root CA certificate that expired at the end of 1999. If you choose to continue, you will still be able to establish an authenticated and encrypted SSL session.
To avoid this, please upgrade to the latest version of Netscape Communicator or use Microsoft Internet Explorer. If you use Internet Explorer 4.01 for Macintosh and 4.5 for Macintosh, please upgrade to Internet Explorer 4.51 or later.
You acknowledge that you are aware of security and privacy limitations, including but not limited to:
- the limitation of security, privacy and authentication measures and features in our system;
- that data or information on the Service may be subject to eavesdropping, sniffing, spoofing, forgery, spamming, “impostering”, tampering, breaking passwords, harassment, fraud, electronic trespassing, hacking, nuking, system contamination (including, without limitation, viruses, worms and Trojan horses) causing unauthorized, damaging or harmful access and/or retrieval of information and data on your computer;
- may be subject to other security or privacy hazards; or
- may not reach its destination or may reach an erroneous address or recipient.
A password is required to login to access our Web Site’s member features. You are not to disclose your password to any third parties nor share it with any person/s not authorised to share this knowledge.
Aside from the unforeseen circumstance of unauthorised hacking into your computer systems, or theft of your own records, your password remains your sole responsibility. If you lose control of your password, it is highly likely that you will lose control of your access to our Web Site, and you may be subject to legally binding action (such as contracts entered into) made on your behalf.
If you suspect that your password has been compromised for any reason whatsoever, kindly let us know immediately, and make arrangements to change your password.
Personally Identifiable Information
OSIM gathers the following types of information from users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to register as members, to receive our electronic newsletters, to participate in our message boards or forums, to email a friend, and from participation in polls and surveys;
- Information OSIM gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs by helping our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience
Following registration, you can review and change the personal particulars you submitted during registration. You must promptly update your information if it changes. Once posted, you cannot change or remove any public postings made in our chat rooms or other message areas or the feedback areas.
We will retain in our files information you have requested to remove in some circumstances, such as to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems. Further, such prior information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical constraints and the fact that we back up our systems. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your personally identifiable information would be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests.
OSIM tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. OSIM does break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, IP address, browser type and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
OSIM sometimes tracks and catalogues the search terms that users enter in our Search Engine, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine users’ content preferences, based on traffic in those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us to build a better service for you.
This site requires you to have enabled cookies on your browser in order to tailor the shopping experience and to store information such as a shopping cart.